SEMINARS ON THE REVISION OF AS 2870 RESIDENTIAL SLABS AND FOOTINGS
Standards Australia will be holding information seminars across the country in February 2011 to educate industry and relevant stakeholders on the soon to be announced revised version of AS 2870 Residential Slabs and Footings.
The seminars will provide a systematic run through of the Standard, identifying key changes and providing the background for those changes. They will also explain the findings of relevant recent research.
Standards Australia will be conducting seminars at participating university campuses:
• Monday, 7 February - Sydney
• Tuesday, 8 February - Brisbane
• Wednesday, 9 February - Melbourne
• Thursday, 10 February - Hobart
• Monday, 14 February - Perth
• Tuesday, 15 February - Adelaide
For further event information and registration visit: http://www.gsb.uts.edu.au/edu/ASSeminar2870.html
The seminars will be relevant for Engineers (Structural/Civil/Environmental); Project and Maintenance Managers; Local and State Government staff handling tenders; Concrete Suppliers, Repair Contractors, Suppliers and Builders.
The presenters will include:
• Mr Eric Fox CPEng, RPEQ, Consulting Engineer
• Dr Don Cameron BEng (Civil Eng), MEng (Civil Eng), PhD, University of Sydney
The revised standard is a result of extensive consultation with stakeholders including industry, government and consumers.
Media Contact Nicholas Davy, 0405 506 457
Communications & Public Affairs Manager